Alexander Downer and the Huawei investigation
There are a lot of moving parts here, so instead of laying out the narrative, it’s best to listen to the podcast.
But here is the background information:
- FBI’s Huawei investigation uncovered ‘stolen secrets’ email box.
- US charges Huawei with IP theft and Iran sanctions fraud.
- Acting Attorney General Matthew Whitaker Announces National Security-Related Criminal Charges Against Chinese Telecommunications Conglomerate Huawei.
- Chinese Telecommunications Device Manufacturer and its U.S. Affiliate Indicted for Theft of Trade Secrets, Wire Fraud, and Obstruction Of Justice.
- Australia’s global corruption ranking sparks urgent calls for federal integrity body.
Papadopolous is a convicted liar, but the FBI investigation will uncover material on Huawei which will make people like Downer uncomfortable. They will have to asked – if the allegations are true – were they aware of what Huawei is currently alleged to have done.
The daily dose of Trump Derangement Syndrome
The Breakdown calls BS. Because it is.