Kristina Keneally isn’t afraid to get down and dirty, and the vigour with which she’s atatcking CPAC highlights that she doesn’t just want to win governmment. She doesn’t just want to beat the Liberals. She wants to destroy conservatives.
She’s doing that by channelling the father of community organisers, Saul Alinsky, and his Rules for Radicals.
Check out the 10 rules. You’ll bever look at politics the same way:
- “Power is not only what you have but what the enemy thinks you have.”
- “Never go outside the expertise of your people.”
- “Whenever possible go outside the expertise of the enemy.”
- “Make the enemy live up to its own book of rules.”
- “Ridicule is man’s most potent weapon.”
- “A good tactic is one your people enjoy.”
- “A tactic that drags on too long becomes a drag.”
- “Keep the pressure on.”
- “The threat is usually more terrifying than the thing itself.”
- “The major premise for tactics is the development of operations that will maintain a constant pressure upon the opposition.”
- “If you push a negative hard and deep enough it will break through into its counterside.”
- “The price of a successful attack is a constructive alternative.”
- “Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it.”
And if you want to see KK at her worst, cop this op-ed from the SMH on Tuesday (6 August), where she tries to link every conservative to the alt-right, to racists, to homphobes to mass shooters.