Wow, this is Justin Trudeau
He really likes blackface.
But it’s the socks down the pants that really sets off this ensemble. He’d be in real trouble if he were a conservative.
This dude really stuffed his pants 😳 pic.twitter.com/0vmjZRPel4
— Jessica Fletcher (@heckyessica) September 28, 2019
OK, it’s not the most improtant story of the day, but it’s good to sart a week with a smile.
Oh, OK, one more before we get into the real news of the day:
YOU RUINED MY CHILDHOOD! pic.twitter.com/6rZjCLwlE2
— 0biJon (@0biJon) September 25, 2019
Speaking of Greta, this absurdity from the ABC. It’s almost too awful.
Have a read, and remember, you pay for it.
Did you predict this was on its way?
For many years the joke among climate sceptics has been that the green movement was a place for the left to go after the collapse of communism.
Certainly seems like that.
The UN has called for a global “green new deal” and overhaul of the world’s financial order to tackle climate change and deliver on its Agenda 2030 sustainable development goals.
New measures are needed to raise and distribute $US2.5 trillion ($3.7 trillion) a year to developing countries, says a UN report, released alongside this week’s climate meeting in New York. The measures include new controls on the movement of money, demanding more from developed nations, targeting sovereign wealth funds and setting a global minimum tax rate for multinationals.
Here’s some perspective. That’s more than Australia’s annual GDP.
We’re talking serious money. to the third wolrd.
No doubt they’ll spend it wisely.
Hunter Biden was a curious choice for Burisma
Hunter Biden was an odd choice for the US$50,000 a month positon on the board of Ukrainian oil and gas company Burisma.
Unless your father was the vice president at the time and Obama’s “point man” on Ukraine. Then it makes perfect sense.
The Wall Street Journal reported in October of 2014 that the Vice President’s son, Hunter Biden, was released from the Navy for cocaine use.
There was no stopping the Biden’s however. A couple months later, young Biden was on the Board of the largest gas and oil company in the Ukraine making $50,000 a month, an exorbitant amount for a Board member at any company.
According to Business Insider:
- In April 2014, Biden’s son Hunter joined the board of Burisma Holdings. Hunter served on the board until early 2019.
- At the time, a news release from the company said Hunter would be “in charge of the Holdings’ legal unit and will provide support for the Company among international organizations.”
- Hunter told the New York Times that the news release was not accurate and he was never in charge of the company’s legal affairs.
- He joined the company about a month after Russia annexed Crimea, a cataclysmic moment that continues to put the US at odds with Russia and is linked to ongoing conflict in eastern Ukraine.
- During his time with Burisma, Hunter reportedly received compensation up to $50,000 a month.
- From the start, Hunter’s role at Burisma was criticized by ethics watchdogs as a conflict of interest for his father, who was still vice president at the time and heavily focused on pressuring Ukraine to do a better job rooting out corruption. But some ethics watchdogs at the time also said that unless there was clear evidence Hunter got the job to influence US foreign policy then there was no cause for concern.
- His hiring by Burisma was seen as an attempt by the company to bolster its image and the perception it had strong ties to the US as the world vilified Russia for its annexation of Crimea, the Times reported.
- Yoshiko M. Herrera, a professor of political science at the University of Wisconsin at Madison and an an expert on Russia and Eurasia, told The Washington Post: “I think there is a conflict of interest even if it doesn’t break any laws. It’s a big deal. It’s the vice president, who is the point person of the Obama administration’s policy on Ukraine, and his son is suddenly hired to be a director on the board of Ukraine’s largest private gas producer.”
- With that said, Hunter has never been accused of wrongdoing regarding his work with Burisma.
- Hunter also said he only had one brief conversation with his father about Burisma which did not go into substantive details about the deal. Joe Biden has said he learned about his son’s role at the company from news reports.
Hunter Biden’s ex says he spent all of their money on prostitutes and drugs.
He’s quite the charmer. Apparently, he left his wife for an affair with his deceased brother’s wife.
The Ukraine double standard
This is pretty impressive, as far as double standards go. Often you have to wait weeks for this kind of information to come out.
Remember, Trump is being investigated for impeachment because he apparently asked Ukraine to investigate Joe Biden.
During the . . . early 2016 weeks when [Alexandra] Chalupa [a Ukrainian-American and DNC operative] was tapping her Ukrainian sources and giving Democrats a heads-up about a potential Manafort-Trump alliance, NABU [Ukraine’s anti-corruption] investigators and Ukrainian prosecutors journeyed to Washington. There, the Obama administration arranged for them to huddle with the FBI, the Justice Department, the State Department, and the White House’s National Security Council (agencies that coordinated frequently throughout the collusion caper).
Andrii Telizhenko, a political officer at Ukraine’s embassy in Washington, later told The Hill’s John Solomon that the U.S. officials uniformly stressed “how important it was that all of our anti-corruption efforts be united.” The officials also indicated to their Ukrainian counterparts that they were keen to revive the investigation of payments by Yanukovych’s ousted Party of Regions government to an American political consultant — i.e., the FBI’s Paul Manafort probe [that was reportedly closed without a recommendation of charges in 2014] . . .
Nazar Kholodnitskiy, Ukraine’s chief anti-corruption prosecutor, told Solomon that soon after the January 2016 Washington meetings, he found that Ukrainian officials were effectively meddling in the American presidential election. Another top Ukrainian lawman, Kostiantyn Kulyk, recalled that after the Kiev contingent’s return home from the United States, there was lots of buzz about helping the Americans with the Party of Regions investigation.
Read it all.
Obama was not the clean skin he made himself out to be.