When officially launched, The Daily Breakdown will be available through a dedicated podcast host.
Downloads may be slow from dailbreakdown.com.au.
If you have any feedback, email email@example.com.
The main bits
- The NSW Liberals go to war with the federal libs over energy policy:
- The gender debate won’t die – despite the evidence:
- Harvard study.
- New Study Confirms Yet Again Gender ‘Wage’ Gap Due To Women Not Working. Guess How The Media Is Portraying It.
- Shorten as negotiator at the AWU cost workers.
- Andrew Bolt: Shorten is making promises he can’t keep (video).
Child asylum seeker allegedly raped on Nauru sues Federal Government for damages (ABC).
The extra bits
BECAUSE IT BEATS STUDYING, DER: ‘We need to nip it in the bud’: uni students admit they cheat.
AN ACADEMIC ACCUSES MORRISON OF LIVING IN A BUBBLE: Morrison’s narrow view of the world to be tested next election.
I worry that the media tends to shrink vast regions, teeming with populations beyond human comprehension, down to a sort of anthropomorphized caricature—“The US”, “Japan”, “China”, etc. Then our foreign policy responds as if we were dealing with a single person, not a whole world of people. “What should we do with that bad guy?” No, it’s not that bad guy, it’s a bad guy named Xi Jinping and 1.4 billion other people, as many as the entire world had in 1870.